Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Official Greeter

Greetings Peoplelover,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Polyamory has lots of potential, but what a steep learning curve, eh? You deserve kudos for being willing to join up here and ask questions. I consider all polyamorists to be "poly newbies;" you never really "master the trade." (My philosophy on communication skills is similar but I promise not to hijack.)

JaneQ has gave excellent feedback and I probably don't need to add a lot at this time. Couple of things about semantics though ... [I know, collective eyeroll by everyone]
  • The word "polycule" seems to be gaining ground; I've seen it used on at least one other forum.
  • The word "polyfidelitous" has, I think, one alternative definition; that is: agreeing that new people can be added to the polycule, but that it's not a quick or easy process, and that unless/until they're added, no one within the polycule will be having sex with them.
  • More semantic info can be found in the glossary thread.
FWIW, my polycule is a hetero MFM poly-fi V ... and we're all in our 40's. But I agree with JaneQ, there's poly people of just about any (adult of course) age.

Glad to answer any additional questions you may have!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!