View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 05:36 AM

Default Great weekend...

T and I got to spend some real quality time together. D went to visit his parents this weekend out of town, so T and I took the opportunity to spend as much time together as possible.

I picked T up Friday night and brought her to my house. This was her first sleepover with me. We spent Friday night together in bed cuddling, talking and really enjoying each other's company. Saturday morning, we took my daughter out to walmart and to breakfast.

We spent the majority of the late morning in bed, cuddling, etc. Saturday night, we went to see Cats at a local dinner theatre. What a great show. It was so nice to be able to be with T for such an extended time. We really deepened our relationship and connection this weekend. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Today, it was tough to take her home and go on my business trip. But, on a good note, I think that there is slight progress on getting T's daughter to be accepting of our choice to be together. I really hope that at some point, when she is ready, that we will have the chance to meet and get to know each other. I think we would get along wonderfully.

T and I have both agreed that we are "all in" about making our relationship as deep as we can possibly go. Even though our relationship is so young in the big picture, it seems like we have known each other for so much longer. We click on so many different levels. The connection is something we have discussed and neither of us can really explain, but we both feel it.

Wednesday night, T, D and I are getting together for dinner and conversation. I'm looking forward to this opportunity and hope that it is a chance for us to be social and relieve some of the stress that has been plaguing my opportunity for a friendship with D. I really want to get along with D, we both have the same interest.... Keeping T in a good place and making sure she feels loved and safe. T kinda has the 'kid in a candy shop' scenario, which we joked about today before I took her home. D and I are so different personality wise that she can enjoy two very different environments/relationship types, which makes her feel great.

I'm still looking for a partner for myself. Someone that I can share more of the day to day happiness/sorrow/life experiences with. T is very supportive of this as she understands that is something I crave and reality states I can't have that with her. I have talked to a few women on OKC and have plans on getting to know them both better. I'm not sure where it will go. One (C) is very introverted and shy but has a very deep personality. The other (N) is very inexperienced when it comes to polyamory, but very eager to meet me.

Ultimately, I want someone that is compatible with D, T and I (at least on a friendship level) and it would be great if T and this person would vibe on a more intimate level as well.

T and I both agree that we want to close our circle and enjoy life as a polyfi group soon. We talked about this over the weekend as well and we think that if D was to add a partner and I was to add a partner, our circle could be closed and things would be great. Only time will tell how this works out. We know it is not something we want to force and we are not NEEDING to find other partners quickly just to accomplish this. I feel like I am satisfied with the way things are going with T how they are at this time, so I can be more selective in my search for another partner. It will happen at some point, but for now I'm just enjoying continuing to deepen my relationship with T.