View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 02:07 PM

Loving this topic - thanks, Mags, for all the interesting pointers toward books and the history behind it all.

I've gone from being a questioning believer (protestant roots, belonged to a youth group with evangelical ties in college, but never really "drank the koolaid" - always thought that treating people with kindness mattered more than abstaining from alcohol or anything like that) to being more of an agnostic, although I wouldn't call myself a full-fledged one yet.

Over the last couple years, I've realized that the deification of Jesus seems to have completely obscured his message, and seems to have turned much of modern-day Christianity (well, the evangelical stripes for sure) into the rule-based Pharisees Jesus railed against in the first place. Lip service is paid to "treat people well" but really, it becomes "if you don't believe, you're going to HELL" in the long run ("By faith alone are you saved"). Bah. I'll find out in the end, I suppose.

Anyhoo... I'm really enjoying the academics of this thread. I saved off some of the books you mentioned, Mags, and if I can find it in all these open tabs, I popped open one of those links as well. A little light Sunday morning reading.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk