Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Default Hi

Hello, I am a married 46 yr old woman living in Portland, Maine. I *think* my husband I are about to open up our marriage but we haven't had an honest talk about it yet, just skirting around it. Right now I'm reading Opening Up and working up my courage. Honestly, I think he'll be into it but it's still a big leap to open that door and I want to do it mindfully. I have been in a polyamorous relationship before with a couple where I was not the primary and that worked out fine for me at the time, however I ended my involvement when I fell in love with my husband. I know he has cheated in past relationships but not had any honestly open relationships. Anyway, that's enough for the intro I think and I'm sure I will read and post more as I get closer to having a discussion with him. Part of it is that the discussion will involve that he seems very bi-curious but he hasn't felt comfortable admitting to it yet. I am totally into that and want to have this conversation in a way that makes him feel safe to be who he is and not just automatically deny it like he's been doing for so long. Wish me luck. ~ BL