View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 AM

Glad to see you posting here again, BrigidsDaughter, and glad you are up and around again after having surgery. I hope everything goes well with your recovery and any more procedures you might need.

I had a phone convo last night with this guy I've been messaging on OKC for about two weeks. We spoke for a little over an hour. There was a little initial awkwardness, but we were both obviously enjoying talking to each other. We have tentative plans to meet up next Friday, after work. I get a good vibe from him, and am looking forward to meeting him, but I'm not letting myself get too excited or hopeful about it - you never really know until you meet them in person. But it's nice having a possibility come my way.

Since having re-enabled my OKCupid account, I am just floored by the number of stupid, shallow men who contact me with absolutely nothing of value to say. "Hi sweetheart, nice [insert physical attribute], love to get to know you." Yeah, right. And I guess the fact that so many women on the site have a policy of simply refusing to respond to any messages means that most of the quality men won't make contact first. They feel it's a waste of their time and effort, so will only engage with women who contact them first. So, the guy I'm meeting next week is someone I did contact first -- I wrote to compliment his profile as it is so very clever and entertaining -- and our correspondence has been really awesome, but it would be nice to be pursued by some intelligent men who at least have a clue rather than the 20% Match dumbasses that usually turn up in my Inbox. Sometimes doing the online dating thing is so draining and feels like a second job.

Had a snow day today, but going back to work tomorrow. Feeling okay. Not great, but okay is okay.
The world opens up... when you do.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 02-14-2014 at 04:57 AM.