View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakinganswers View Post
Wow, lots of interesting conversation on the topic!

So I'm assuming if you are married and decide to become poly together then there would have to be certain rules put in place depending on people's comfort level. I'm not saying you try to quantify loving one person more or less than another but certainly you are more committed to your spouse and mother of your children. I may love the hell out of one girl, but if something about it made my wife feel uncomfortable and it was messing up my relationship with my wife then we may have to part ways for the sake of my commitment to someone else I also love.

Or am I misunderstanding how it works? (As if it has to work the same for everyone)
No there was no need for rules. Why because I have thus little thing called respect for my husband and self control. My husband knows I will do the right thing depending on the situation.

As for uncomfortable situations guess what life is full of them. You deal with your own issues and insecurities and do not project them onto others. I would never toy with another persons emotions based upon my husbands insecurities. I definitely would not end another relationship over them. I avoid those who would have such a rule like the plague.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.