View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Try reading the blog by bassman in our blog section. He tried for quite a while to be poly, coming from him and his wife being staunch Christians, but him "losing his faith" while his wife didn't.
I personally have dealt with my faith issues. I am still a Christian, but in my opinion most Christians really don't understand their faith and stick to this doctrine that has more to do with societal norms than anything religious in nature. Anyone outside of those norms is a "sinner" and anyone inside them is not. Which causes many people to deny who they are because they think that's what God wants them to do, even though in many cases there is little to no scripture to back it up.

I actually have started a blog myself partially because I enjoy writing and partially because I want to tell my story in the hopes that it will open the minds of some Christians to less oppressive beliefs and such. I was the kid who group up thinking it was wrong to even look at another woman lustfully, so I punished myself over and over again and hid my "deviant" sexual nature from the world. It was not healthy, and it saddens me that other young men are probably being driven down the same paths. This is obviously only one small example of the oppressiveness I am talking about.