View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Official Greeter

I checked out your new intro thread post and responded to it there. It seems you probably have quite a little bit of reading ahead of you and I hope I don't overwhelm with all my suggestions, but there's some pretty important stuff out there for anyone both writing a book about poly, and preparing to live a poly and/or poly-aware life as well.

First, another book recommendation ...

"Sex at Dawn: how we mate, why we stray, and what it means for modern relationships," by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá.

It's important food for thought, and I'm thinking that the libertine woman in your book will be likely to have read the book herself.

I think you do well to read JaneQSmythe's writings, and, I recommend delving into even more people's journalings in the Life stories and blogs board. Given this thread and your intro thread, I also recommend starting your own blog and journaling your own thoughts, experiences, and feelings. Exploring your own life in that way not only helps you directly, it also enriches the mind-broth in which the meat (and vegetables ) of your pending novel can simmer.

Lots and lots to learn and consider.
Regards,
Kevin T.