View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post

Some of us continue to have these thoughts even though we can see that they don’t make sense any more. I am 52 and I’ve been paying attention. What I see is that the idea of finding a lifelong monogamous partner simply is not a current reality in the majority of cases any more. I find it amazing that so many people still hold this up as the ideal for themselves. I think this causes a lot of pain and confusion for a lot of people.

Giving myself permission to love more than one person is life affirming and reminds me that I am not dependent on any one person and that I do not have to try to frantically possess my lover or lovers. I prefer the way I feel when I am not worried about losing my lover.

It seems to me that the Polyamorous philosophy is about becoming free of the brainwashing clichés about love that are found all around us……in our music, movies and story tales which I simply cannot buy into any longer….......but, I'm willing to re-think it if anyone has a good argument!
Careful there Idealist..you're coming off as a bit hollier than thou and all enlightened because you are non-monogamous. No projecting your values and beliefs on the rest of us. I don't argue but am sensitive that there are others struggling with thier partners on here and wouldn't want them to think there is something wrong with them. Unless you are in fact saying you are more evolved and a bigger person because you choose to spread your affection around as opposed to focussing it on one....not that there is anything wrong with that

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over