View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Daedal,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Well I read your whole post; I gets me some points, okay? Sounds like you and MW are going into this with pretty darn level heads considering how scary poly (along with open relationships in general) is in this monogamy-conditioned world. Your questions will be welcomed and probably answered from a variety of experienced viewpoints. Polyamory.com being such a busy site, new posts can get lost in the shuffle so ping your threads occasionally if needed to get yourself back on top of the "New Posts" stack. Also you can post on this here thread for a guaranteed response from me (and others too probably) at least.

No need to rush headlong into anything; you've done your homework which is totally awesome; now comes the part where you have to examine your own feelings and reactions as you tiptoe deeper into poly territory. I suggest a once-a-week formal sit-down with MW, for some time while this is all still new to the two of you. The sit-downs would be opportunities to re-negotiate stuff as needed, as well as opportunities to keep each other up to speed on how you're feeling and what you're thinking. Interacting with Pcom members can be of great help and I wouldn't rule out MW joining us here as well. Our Life stories and blogs board gives you a great place to journal, and our Poly Relationships Corner will probably be your top spot for getting feedback, advice, and counsel.

I think that sharing with people your life choice to be poly is important to you and helps resolve some feelings, and that's okay, just so you don't feel like you have to out yourself out of some kind of moral obligation. A lot of poly people have to be in the closet about it; it's just part of the needs-improvement social reality in which we live.

Anyway, I liked your intro. Couldn't complain about the length because I'm known to commit that sin myself. Haha, have I told you about my three-part posts? That's what happens when you overrun the site limits for single posting. I have a lot of experience in that area. Anyway, thank you for your kind paragraph breaks, proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and all that. Believe me it helps. It hurts the eyes when one sees a wall of unbroken iphone style text! I'm a bit old-school, you see.

Glad you've enjoyed your time amongst us here so far, and hope that'll even more be the case in the future.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!