View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Reminds me of when my ex h got his new gf and all of a sudden topics and ideas I'd been trying to get him to see, and he was wary of, or rejecting utright, were now great super cool b/c his new gf was into them.

Ack. Bad move, guys.
Ding ding ding! Possible trigger alert!

Could the memories of your ex and how you were treated be a trigger for you? Is something Ginger is doing (or not doing) shunting your mind to those hurt places left by your ex?

I'm not saying that you should not be upset or hurt with the situation with Ginger. But maybe the intensity and pain are not entirely related to the present with Ginger. That last two sentences 'Ack. Bad move, guys' does not read as fully being in the present. If it were more present in the here and now, it would be something like 'Ack. Bad move, guy.' Or 'Bad move, Ginger.' (Or I could be overly analyzing text.)

I know for myself that I feel much more anger and rage when something is pushing at my triggers than when I am experiencing unpleasantness that does not trip anything in my pysche. I often recognize I've hit a trigger by the disportionate reaction itself.

<<Hugs>>