Other people do not decide who you are and what to call it. YOU decide who you are and what to call it. You seem to be in a process of figuring stuff out for yourself -- which is fine. How can people help you in your thought process?
In my definitions?
- Monoamorous -- the desire or capacity to share love with one person at a time
- Polyamorous -- the desire or capacity to share love with more than one person at a time.
- Monosexual -- the desire or capacity to share sex with one person at a time
- Polysexual -- the desire or capacity to share sex with more than one person at a time. (Not necessarily group sex, just having more than one concurrent lover)
So to me? I see you here:
You mention it being 2 years with this person in your intro thread,
so part of the sorting out could be related to the New Relationship Energy (NRE) wearing off and coming down off that brain chemistry high.
At this time you are also figuring out
- if you are (a polyamorous and/or polysexual person)
- if you wish to continue participating in a monogamous relationship
- if you wish to renegotiate agreements with this partner because you miss the freedom to have casual sex encounters
- if you wish to end it with this partner
- if you prefer a different open model relationship instead.