View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Audball (and summertimesadness80!),
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Having read W's intro thread I know that he is not a bad guy per se, but let's say that he made some choices that were somewhat ill-advised. Perhaps now he realizes that, and is trying to untie himself from M. Which is a good thing.

In addition to a search (and/or tag search) on "pregnancy," I'd also do a search (and/or tag search) on "affair" ... on "emotional affair" if you prefer, but I bet many "affair threads" will contain similar perspective as will "emotional affair threads."

Additional sites/threads/books/boards to consider:
You might find thoughts and insights in the above list that help you wrap your mind around polyamory, even if you don't agree with all that you read in them and still don't "get" poly per se. Polyamory is a largely personal thing, and isn't a fit for everyone. But exposing yourself to what poly people have to say can help you to level the playing field with all of the monogamous conditioning that's out there in mainstream society.

Having said that, I recommend for you and W to put poly on the back burner for awhile and concentrate on your soon-to-be-born son. You can read and talk about poly a little here and there and that's fine, just don't overwhelm yourself. I'll try to answer any questions you may have for me if I can, and I know many other members will do so as well.

Hang in there and keep us posted,
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!