View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM

Ha! As if! I over analyze everything!

Where am I at now? Well, I had two back to back dates on Friday night. The first guy was the oldest I have dated yet - I believe he is 52? He exuded desperation and loneliness. Not attractive. We just met for Starbucks. He lives about an hour away. By the end of the date he had found his center and was a lot less strange. I set up a second date with him for this Wednesday, at lunch. A little unsettling, since, as he has sent me no less than 30 messages. Nothing alarming, but he is trying way too hard.

The second date on Friday was with a large black man, who I will call Greg. (I am tired of initials, so he gets a new name.) I have never dated outside my own race before, so this was significant for me. No, wait, C is Hispanic, but he doesn't really count, since he was a hookup, not someone I dated. Anyway, Greg and I met for Mexican food and wow - he is SO much like my husband - same mannerisms, same quiet, still, collected demeanor. It threw me off my game a bit, for sure! And just like D, it was hard for me to get a read on how he was feeling about our date. I point blank asked him toward the end, and he was like, are you serious?! Oh, I am DEFINITELY going on another date with you! I kissed him goodbye and Greg obviously didn't expect that - he wrote me a sweet text message after.

Well, J came over on Saturday, and our dinner date ran over, so we missed the movie we planned to see. So instead, we went to play pool. I am so terrible at pool, gawd! Anyway, after we did go see Gravity in 3D, which was a pleasant surprise because I didn't know it was still in theaters. Lol He did meet D that day. D told me his opinion was that J was very Jewish. Riiiiiight.

I am not sure if I will see J again, to be honest. More of his quirks are coming out and they just unsettle me a bit. He is sweet, and he gets me, but I am not as big of a fan as I was. A large part of it, I am unhappy to say, is that sexually he leaves a lot to be desired. He isn't terrible, and though he does try to make sure I am getting what I need, he is a 5 minute guy. Seriously - every time we have been intimate he is SO excited. On one hand, it's nice to know I am that attractive to someone, but on the other, it's a little frustrating to have to start and stop to wait for him to calm down. Combining that with his little weird mannerisms, well, I don't know. I think he could sense Sunday morning that I wanted him to go home early. We haven't texted since, so we see how it shakes out.

Sunday evening I had a date again with Greg. He ended up coming back to my house and he met everyone that was home - including the first guy I was ever poly with, since he happened to be hanging out with my son, in the basement. Anyway, Greg and I sat on the couch and snuggled for a couple of hours, watching youtube videos. He likes a lot of jazz and Celtic music, so that was interesting. He left for home around 11 pm, with promises of seeing me Friday night.

I like Greg.

So this week is shaking out to be a busy one. I have a lunch date on Wednesday with the guy who is trying too hard, and dinner on Friday with Greg. My OKC queue exploded again and I have a first date set up with a really cute chill sort of guy on Wednesday night. I *might* have a date tonight or Thursday with a guy I have been playing message tag with for a few weeks. Oh, and the super hot guy who I saw last week is getting back to me too. I have a dozen solid prospects in my OKC inbox at the moment, but no time to do anything but chat with them.

My attitude has changed somewhat. Rather than be despairing over having to date and just wanting things settled, I am having fun going out and meeting new people. It has been a little expensive - I always try to pay for myself on the first date, and I alternate paying on the 2nd/3rd date, etc. However, I am having fun and trying not too stress too much.

Hinge in a vee with two mono men
Wife to DarkKnight and PunkRockAwesomesauce
Girlfriend to WarMan, also mono

My Online Journal