Thread: ISO SouthernGal
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 AM

Default Furious!

Last weekend, Leo revealed he'd had 2 other relationships during the DADT. One he had told me about before, but said was before he met me. The other he had volunteered that she wanted to but he had not. Both were lies. His excuse was that he wanted to tell me about them but couldn't, so he lied so he could tell me anyway. Yeah, right. I was very offended by the lies. We talked for a couple of days and things died down. He said that was all that had happened. I guess we'll see.

I had been thinking for a while about a man I know. He's fun, interesting, intelligent, and attractive and made his interest in me plain. I told Leo Friday that I was thinking about approaching him with the possibility of a FWB arrangement. Things seemed fine, but it came up again last night while we were out with our best friends, another poly couple. He started treating me very disrespectfully, giving me the cold shoulder, even flipped me off in front of other people and hanging all over a couple of women there that had flirted with him but are the type to go home with a different man every night. He even implied I'm a whore.

I've not once even approached a relationship outside of ours from the start, and to be treated like I'm a whore for thinking about doing a little of what he's done so much more makes me absolutely furious!!! I have never judged him for his relationships! The DADT had to go because that was just an exercise in self-deception. I've been honest with him, expected the same, and have been getting back in bits and pieces the actual truth from before. Why lie? It's a don't ask, don't tell. I certainly didn't ask, he didn't have to "tell" and lie about it. I thought we worked those things out. This was supposed to go both ways. He can have a girlfriend, I can have a boyfriend. We just have to be open and honest about it. I have never told him he couldn't be with a woman, not even A. He made that choice himself. I have listened and given my support each time he has talked to me about a potential. But the first time I even bring it up, he treats me like I'm less than him. If this is how it's going to be, I'm not doing this. Either it goes both ways or it doesn't go either. And if he can't handle that, I'll help him pack his bags, because I'm not going to put up with being disrespected and mistreated because he can't even try to face his jealousy the way I did. This is not how poly works, dammit.