View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM

ok I will play devils advocate here. Why not look at the cutesy name as a positive on YOUR behalf. You have been with him longer, developed a relationship and he has opened up becoming more loving and caring.

Partner two comes along, do you want him to revert backwards? Or be the kind caring person your shared relationship made?

Ideally in a relationship people grow and mature...regardless of the other stuff that happened, maybe this is one thing you shouldn't be worried about.

Quote:
It seems to me that in many cases, woman number one settles for what she gets. The man is off being in love and using cutesy names and spending more and more time with number two and meantime, the cherished woman number 1 sits at home, is jealous, fights back tears, and is hurt. This doesn't sound like a lifestyle. It's a man doing what he damned well pleases while trying to justify it to his wife. I just don't get it. I am leaning more toward giving up than working as part of a three man team. Woman number one does a lot of compromising and settling with what she gets. I don't get the feeling that these are balanced relationships. Many of these poor women are just holding on to a thread and it seems cruel to me that these husbands believe this a satisfactory arrangement for everyone. Reading these discussion boards is depressing me even more. I know he loves me but I am not enough anymore. It takes woman number two to make him feel masculine now. And when he gets tired of that woman, woman number three can't be far behind.
Ok I will ignore the initial comments. For some reason they really bug me...I hate generalizing comments.

Onto the last subsection of the paragraph. "I know he loves me but I am not enough anymore"...I assume you write this to mean you don't believe you are fullfilling him. Why can't it be the other way around. In my case, and I explained this to my wife. It has nothing to do with her not fullfilling me, it is me having more to give and no direction to put it. Feeling lost with too much "extra". Heck *HE* may not even know why he is looking for someone else. It took me a few months to figure out what the hell happened.

I didn't get a chance to read the entire thread, just read the last page. Hopefully I didn't get anything out of place with the rest of the story. I will go back and read some more