View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 AM

I'm pretty new at this myself (I'm mono. Husband isn't). My partner and his girlfriend are spending an entire 4 days alone for the first time. The first day I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was having a panic attack and I just wanted to crawl into a ball and instantaneously die. The pain was excruciating and I didn't know if I would make it until morning. I did make it though and I've been busying myself with things I ordinarily wouldn't do had he been home. I went with friends for coffee, scheduled and had an hour long massage at our fitness club, went window shopping, bought make-up at the mall - and that was just all today! I guess I'll try to see what other trouble I can get into on Friday and Saturday. I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied on other things and it seems to becoming a bit easier for me so far! I don't want to speak too soon. I still have two more days after today without him. Just try to stay busy and draw strength from the love you know he has for you

-----------------------------------------------------
TF - Me! Married to R for 21 yrs, been together 24 yrs (primary)
R - TF's husband and CG's boyfriend
CG - TF's closest friend, R's girlfriend of 5 months (co-primary)