View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 04:29 PM

I've posted elsewhere but thought I would update my "blog".

After Neverwhere and Amanda broke up, things really went downhill. I tried to stay positive, but between that and the issues my husband has always struggled with (anger, alcohol abuse, former drug abuse, etc) it just became too much for me.

It came to a head December 8th when he hit me and then went after Mark because I said I was going to call Mark or one of our roommates for help. Because Neverwhere punched Mark in front of 3 of our kids, DCF got involved. Overly involved, if you ask me.

Amanda has decided to side with Neverwhere in our pending divorce. It's so confusing to me. I am a very caring person and I've spent many years nurturing a relationship with Amanda. I told her if anything ever happened between Neverwhere and I and I got our house somehow (for an example) she was always welcome to stay here with the boys. But she has always been a person who uses those she can get the most out of and I guess Neverwhere seemed more financially stable or something.

I obtained a restraining order on him and I am going to be divorcing him and going for full custody of our 4yo son. Amanda is still living here and has been spying for Neverhwere. It's very odd and crazy behavior. She keeps her kids, my stepsons, locked upstairs in her attic bedroom with her. My 4yo still sleeps in the room they all used to share, but his brothers no longer sleep with him. It's killing him and he misses playing with them and snuggling them at night. They are 10 and 8 and basically go to school and spend the rest of their time in their mom's room every day. I don't understand it.

I am happy to be moving on from an abusive marriage and happy I can give my son the life he deserves, but it's such a long road and it was such a lot of work I put into my marriage....it feels like a waste now and is just disappointing.
Mark - Neverwhere's brother. We are dating. He is mono.
JBR - My boyfriend of 8 months, also poly, has kids, we live together.