Thread: in over my head
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by pcflvly View Post
I don't feel so in over my head anymore. Spending New Years Eve with both A and J was very positive and she often states that J suggested the times that she had for me. She says, "I could come over from 6-9 tomorrow. You can thank J for that." J is super gracious. He accepts me. Her kids are cool with me too. Everything has gone just swimmingly. I'm happy. A is happy. And I don't pry too much into him and her but I assume he is at least happy for her...

... is it any of my business how she divides her time and affections? And next, is there anything I can do to equalize this?

I'm a hinge in a relationship. So is my bf. I think you're in a good place, from the sounds of it. Maybe you're feeling it's too good to be true.

I'd say, if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. If her husband has issues with her dividing her time, and enjoying cosmic NRE sex, assume he'll tell her and she'll deal with it. Assume she'll tell you if things need to be tweaked and there are any changes that need to be made on your end.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags, F, 60, poly-dating, loving and living with
miss pixi, F, 38
Punk, 41, M
Old Friend, gender fluid
Nick, 35, M (occasional lover)
Hippie, 25 (?)
Dark Wing, 45 (?)