View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 PM

Well, I'm starting to move into my own space, and it feels wonderful. I won't move the furniture until this weekend, but I've been bringing boxes over and eating dinner at the new place (sitting on the floor ). It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to go to the old house anymore. There's nothing bad happening, Fly and I still get along fine in a friendlyish way. I just want to push on with my new reality, and the transition is excruciating. I want to get the move all over with.

Kiddo is having a little bit of a rough time. He started crying the other morning when he saw all the boxes in my car. I'm so very sad that grown-up stuff has caused him pain. I took him with me to the new place, so he could see where I would be living, and we talked about him visiting and using the pool in the summer, that kind of thing. He and I made a New Year's resolution to explore every inch of our local zoo together in 2014.

Moonlight and I have been bickering a bit more than usual lately. I think it's because we're both stressed about big life changes - my breakup and her imminent retirement. She continues to be loving and supportive, however, and I strive to do the same.

I've had a few stormy crying episodes, but overall I continue to feel mostly positive about my whole situation.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo