Thread: Why hide?~
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
It should be pretty easy to figure out. There are a lot of people out there who act vindictively when others do something they disagree with, and that can include violence or harassment. It's a safety issue. When you've gained some more life experience, maybe you will understand.
I understand, I just wanted more clarification and some kind of confirmation of my thinking of this issue.~

Do not presume to know me.~

I have been through many situations where I have been persecuted both legally and illegally, physically and mentally, emotionally and definitely spiritually, all because of who I am and the opinions that are my own.~

I used to be the kind of person to be docile, submissive, withdrawn, and fearful of every thing: what people thought of me, what they might do to me, what they did do to me, what they might do to me again, but I got to a point in my life where I said, "No." I was tired of being beaten, being bullied, being framed for things I didn't do, all because I "let" it happen: I allowed people to do these things to me, I realize that now, I have power over my own life.~

We may not have the ability to control all of the circumstances we find ourselves in, but we always have the power to choose how we react to them, in order to "do" some thing, you must CHOOSE to do it.~

Finally what my point is: I am not the kind of person I used to be, I don't want to be like that again, I stand up for myself now, I may still be afraid some times, but Courage is not the absence of Fear, it is the realization that some thing is more important than Fear and striving forward even with that Fear present.~

Other people may choose to do as they please, but I refuse to be forced by my fear of some one's potential reaction to who I am to lie or to avoid telling the truth.~

If I feel like telling some one about my relationships and to what extent, that's my choice: please do not presume to even guess that similar experiences that have occurred to you occurring to me will make me any thing like you or any one else.~

I am my own person and I have my own thoughts as is every one person.~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~