View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM

Definitely keep searching, but don't underestimate the importance of that vitamin D.
I started taking 4000 IU's of D a day (I live in Alaska and yes I really do need AT LEAST that much a day).

I had been STUCK unable to lose weight for YEARS. I dropped damn near to 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks.

Now-don't get me wrong either, 20 lbs in 2 weeks is NOT generally healthy! NOT something I would try to do on purpose. It just worked out that way and I was eating.

The other thing I've found is that I am ADD (new that but was never medicated). I knew medication controlled hyperactivity and disorganization issues, but those weren't out of control for me, so I didn't bother getting it.
I found out that it also helps with impulsivity. The doctor suggested trying it. I didn't even KNOW I was an impulsive eater until I started taking the medication.

Oh my goodness. It was SO amazing the first time someone said, "LR you want some icecream?" I said yes, because I LOVE icecream. But I only ate like 2 small bites and then tossed it, because I really didn't want it AT ALL.
I started CRAVING fresh fruit and veggies too. Craving? Yes, CRAVING.
I almost never eat anything like fast food anymore, because I look at it and my stomach cringes, not my mind. I can mentally sit here and drool thinking about a double quarter pounder with cheese! But one bite-and my body says ICK and I look like that Mr. Yuck sticker from when I was a kid!!!

So, yes-do keep looking. Keep up the great work. It sounds like you are really being honest with yourself and being very introspective in the sense that you are finding your own triggers and behaviors! That is a WONDERFUL step.

You ever need a little emotional thumbs up, PM me. Great job and keep us posted!!