View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mya View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the break-up.

Yay for the apartment though. I hope things get better for you all around next year!
Thanks, Mya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
What about the chickens???!?!?!!!

(...and congrats on finding an apartment so quickly!)
Fly gets to keep the chickens, since he has the coop and house and all. I dunno how long that will last, because even though he likes to show them off to our friends, he's never shoveled a pile of poop during the entire time we've had them. I'm the one who does all the Work, bought all the books, went to the chicken care classes, he really knows nothing except that the eggs are yummy. I have a feeling he might end up hiring or bartering with someone to care for them, so I hope he at least finds someone knowledgeable. I'm so super sad, but there's not really anything I can do about it. The chickens, the gardens, the apple trees - all the time, energy, money, and love I invested into that home ultimately benefits him, and I just have to walk away from it. Some of my plants are in pots, and I'll take them for my new little patio, but a lot of it just isn't portable. I also had to find a new home for my bunny, which is another loss of something I love.

We told Kiddo the situation last night, and all 3 of us were sad. He got his own cell phone for Christmas, so I'm hoping that will facilitate staying in contact with him, and Fly has told me he won't stand in the way of my relationship with Kiddo.

Time to start packing and purging, because I get the keys to the new place next week!

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo