View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
I don't think it's ridiculous to not want to formula feed your infant. Quite the opposite. But is he being seen by a healthcare professional who monitors his weight? If he is active, alert, having wet and dirty diapers and waking for feeds, he is probably fine.

The only thing you can do is continue to protect your boundaries and health as well as your babies health. Your partner has to manage his responsibilities better and maintain his relationships. You can't force him to take steps to protect your relationship and sooner or later, if he doesn't change, you'll have to decide if you can live with the deal you're getting. If you can't, you'll have to break up & be active co parents
I think that being unwilling to try everything is ridiculous. I exclusively breastfeed N I don't want to formula feed either, but I do as much as I can to keep my supply up and I pump so there are plenty of bottles. She whines that she never gets a break from J, but she doesn't want to pump. She doesn't like drinking water and she doesn't eat enough. J's doctor said she should supplement in the meantime because J is still so small and he isn't very active or alert, but she doesn't want to. G keeps asking me to help her, but I can only lead by example. I send articles and tell her what I'm doing that works and she brushes me off. I worry about J but there's nothing I can do, so I try not to let that be another stressor.

You're right. I'll just continue to take care of N and myself and if things don't get better, I'll have to reevaluate.