View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirliknew View Post
Thank you!

I've been having this conversation about "relationships" with my partner since meeting. I knew up front that he is not ready to live together or anything of that nature. Neither am I. Financially mostly for me, financially and emotionally for him. So that's something we agreed upon up front, but then he started saying he didn't want a relationship. Okay, fine. We'll be those people who just go on a few dates a month, and even though I was very interested in him on an emotional level, I kinda took a couple steps back.

Then he starts telling me how much of a connection he has to me, how awesome I am for him, a bunch of other things.

Finally, I told him "I think our definitions of relationship might be completely different... To me a relationship is having an interest and regular connection with another person on a mental/emotional level. That's it."

To which he responded, "Oh, well then we're in a relationship. To most people it means long-term commitment to just one person."

Just goes to show, communication is key. We could have avoided a lot of awkwardness by having this conversation early on by specifying what was and wasn't meant.
Awkwardness is bound to happen regardless, I'd rather be as honest and speaking my mind all the time rather be keep my mouth shut when I wanted to speak up.~

I hope it works out!~ ^)^

Love,

ColorsWolf

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~