View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 04:08 AM

Well, he *is* kinda long-distance, so that's part of it anyway. If I do get a particularly bad snowstorm, and he's 1.5 hours away, he's not getting up here to help, regardless of whose name is on the calendar.

It does work for some of it (once the emotions calm down a bit), although there are other parts that don't (like my wanting to respect his time with M1, so I feel as though I shouldn't call unless it's an emergency - if he were simply living 1.5 hours away, I'd still call to talk with him).

Shrug.

I dunno. We had a calendar swap due to our kids' schedules and all, so we have had a few days' stretch apart (although we did all get together with his family for Yule yesterday, which was really nice), and I will be looking forward to when he gets here on Christmas. It's difficult, but not insurmountable. But I do want to have that "partner" talk with him at some point (AFTER the holidays). It will, at least, be an interesting discussion.

Thanks, BTW - I don't want to sound like I'm saying "thanks but no thanks" - I just tend to think "out loud" a bit before settling on something.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk