Thread: Time management
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 04:47 AM

Previously, I spent most days with Fly, seeing Moonlight for a few hours one night during the week and usually an overnight on the weekend. She and I also have taken several weekend trips.

However, this schedule arose from a need to create a stable schedule for Kiddo, and a desire to have dinner as a family as much as possible. Fly's unpredictable work schedule (distribution manager for a bakery) was a factor also, as someone had to be home I with Kiddo if Fly got called into work in the middle of these night. If there hadn't been a child involved, things probably would have been more equitable.

Now that Fly and I have broken up, I imagine Moonlight and I will be spending much more time together, especially once I have my own place. After coming out of a nearly 8-year relationship, I'm not looking to add any new relationships anytime soon. I still talk to Punk frequently, and will probably see him sporadically, as has been our routine for the last year or so.

My main concern during this transition is to make sure I build in time to "be my own primary." Fly took advantage of my nurturing nature, and really controlled my time and schedule to suit his wants and desires. Now that I'm creating my life anew, I want to be conscientious about dating myself, too.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo