View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Official Greeter

Re (from alexi):
Quote:
"When an idea is advantageous and suits them things get accepted."
Are we, then, content if some polyamorous people adopt the intentional family/community ideas, even if other polyamorous people choose not to adopt the ideas? and what of monogamous people? Will we want to get some/all of them to get onboard as well, or does just convincing some/all polyamorists suffice? I am curious about what the size and scope of this mission would be -- as well as what timeframe would make sense. How quickly do we expect to be able to accomplish this mission? Could it roughly be done in years; decades; centuries? Is it just a general thing to promote while neither estimating any timeframe nor setting any specific goals?

What would the end product look like? in social terms, in terms of medical technology, in (individual, family, community, and global) economic terms, and as regards physical infrastructure?

How do we make the prospect of intentional families and communities more advantageous and better-suited for a larger number of people?

I presume we wouldn't try to get government to mandate that people file off into intentional family and community structures? Is there other government intervention we'd tap into to help make these ideas a reality?

Indeed, what would government look like in such a society? These are some of the questions that come to my mind right away.

Re (from alexi):
Quote:
"A starting point could be couples and singles can team up together to be a big family."
What about units such as mine (a V) that consist of three connected-by-romance adults? Would they (as well as couples and singles) initially be a part of this mission? What about later on?

Last edited by kdt26417; 12-19-2013 at 07:21 PM.