View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Giving Newbie the benefit of the doubt, it seems possible that (former) Secondary gave you an email address that Newbie doesn't actually use.
Nah, she directly acknowledged receipt of my message from her own Facebook account through a short IM. It's just that that was more than 2 full days ago now, and she's been ignoring me since

Quote:
Yes, I am suspicious that (former) Secondary is pulling the wool over both your eyes and Newbie's. This might be a time to strongly consider meeting with Newbie in the flesh, assuming you even want to bother with the relationship after witnessing (former) Secondary's trickery.
The thing is that I don't think he is being tricky on purpose. I think that he thinks he has provided enough information and doesn't understand why I am upset. It is possible that the Newbie is the one being vague with him and that is why he has not been able to give me a flat "yes" or "no" as to whether she approves of the relationship.

The intention doesn't matter beyond a certain point, though. This forum has helped me understand that poly isn't for people who can't communicate, no matter what the reason for their lack of communication skills is.

Quote:
Sorry to hear you're getting treated like this. I hope you'll be able to meet with a good counselor soon.
Thank you for your support. I will keep trying to contact a professional. Just reading the forum and knowing I can post on here has been helping me.