View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 02:13 AM

I'm married - so most people assume that I am straight and monogamous and I don't get asked about it much. That being said:

We are not "out" except to friends. But Dude lives with us, which is common knowledge to immediate family (who likely suspect closer to the truth ), acquaintances, and coworkers.

Depending on circumstances I will refer to Dude as "our friend" or "our roommate". (My FWBs are usually "friend" or "girlfriend" - which people tend to take in the platonic sense...their error, not mine.)

Even at THAT I sometimes get incredulous looks from people...apparently married women aren't "supposed" to go to lunch or movies, etc. with male "friends" (although I also do these things with actual male friends who aren't my boyfriend ) AND, in our area at least, professional 30-something married people are not supposed to have "roommates" either (that is something that poor college students or city people do ).

I don't "date" per se - so the answer to that would be "no" - but nobody ever asks...because I am married.
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 12-14-2013 at 02:18 AM.