View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 PM

Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklePony View Post
... Left to my own devices I probably wouldn't go through the extra effort it takes to bring new partners into a relationship.
Quote:
I am probably responsible for him breaking from his pattern of serial monogamy and exploring his poly identity. I encouraged him to see other women and (since his last girlfriend was the jealous type) I "untrained" him of his preprogrammed behavior so he could feel comfortable hitting on other girls and talking about his relationships with me.
It seems like you have been willing to go through great lengths for him, but you are not likely to do that for yourself?? I think it's cool that you "untrained" him and everything! And I understand how much energy something like that can take. Just wondering why you wouldn't go through the extra effort it takes to bring new partners into the relationship?? As far as I'm concerned this is really valuable effort and it really pays off in the end!!

Quote:
I've been wondering if I would be attracted to other men while in this relationship but it hasn't really happened yet. I'm not sure if this is because subconsciously I know that my man would not be comfortable with me being with other men.
Maybe this is really the reason?!!?? I think it's time to find out if this is true or not. Wow--if so. You may have to untrain him on that too. :-)

BTW- I identify as non-monogamous and bisexual.