View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
lways far more to the picture than many can see at first.~

You sure this isn't simply people not understanding pacifism?.. honestly I had to look it up, because I was 100% sure you could not be one and be in the military. I had believed, until 2 minutes ago, that a pacifist military person was right up there with jumbo shrimp and atheist christian..

I was incorrect. Pacifism is a hugely wide spectrum including things I would have never considered pacifist. .. might require you offering up some re-education when calling yourself pacifist.
This is why being a Pacifist and being a military person are not incompatible things, Pacifism can mean many things depending on who you ask: but all Pacifists try to avoid, prevent, discourage, delay, or stop violence in some way.~

Quote:
To be fair. Sexual assault in the military is borderline rampant. The stats are insanely high compared to civilian life. Considering how the world can paint in broad strokes, its no doubt that people make that stereotype.
I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I do not have any experience in this area nor do I have specific data in regard to this subject at hand.~

From what I have heard how ever, this is a gross misrepresentation of the reality of these matters.~

As military personnel it is mine and all of our's DUTY to do all we can to prevent these kinds of things from happening and to stop them when they are happening by any and all means necessary: regardless of every thing, I will not hesitate to physically take down (not kill) any and all rapists.~

Quote:
Tough or not.. tough people get assaulted all the time. Being tough is irrelevant. Just ask any inmate in a federal prison.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong.~

A truly persevering individual will always find a way to accomplish their goals no matter what the circumstances are, I'm not saying it is impossible to get raped as a "tough" individual, I'm saying you are doing a great disservice by completely disregarding them as individuals with each their own characteristics.~

Every thing matters at all times in all situations.~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 12-13-2013 at 09:02 PM.