View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post

Here is a link that tells more about the study, if other readers are curious: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vicki-...b_1170015.html

While it is certainly interesting, my issue is that is Dr. Anderson still seems to be speaking from a monogamist perspective himself, at least according to the interview...

But what about people who want or have more than one "emotional" lover? From what I have seen, that is the situation that many people on the forum are in, including me. Isn't it basically monogamist to say that "we" desire "long-term emotional stability" with "one emotional lover"?
Yes.

Quote:
Wow, that's quite a lot of generalizations. People in open relationships structure their engagements as to reduce emotional intimacy? There seem to be many exceptions to that on the forums here. People's fancy for others diminishes after sex? It is "worse" for a lover to have "emotional intimacy" with someone else than sex?

That certainly sounds like it comes from an emotionally and romantically monogamous perspective.

...apparently even people studying exceptions to monogamy seem to be doing so from an essentially monogamist standpoint.
The conclusions he draws from his study are really stupid. What a waste of time.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37