Thread: Sailing Solo
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:35 AM

Bittersweet meeting with Kip today, lots of good play time, then the news that is he is away for nearly 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year. So we will only get to see each other for a few more hours before he is away. It was a funny conversation, he asked about Prof which he rarely does. It was so out of character that I asked if he was feeling jealous. He said not jealous that Prof is seeing me but jealous of the time that he has with me. It was bit sad really.
I asked again if we could play tennis and he said no, he didn't want to waste time like that.He explained the time we have is so limited that he simply wants to be with me. Time, time, time. He even cancelled a golf game to make today happen. I was flattered in the extreme
Much of the conversation was about time. My schedule is jammed for the next few weeks. I am soooooo glad I am not taking a class over December, smart move. But jammed schedule+plus couch surfing ex means we won't be able to see each other much.
I was touched that he expressed dissatisfaction with the amount of time. He is usually is more laid back with a "We will make it work," attitude. For him to actually say he was jealous over time is quite a big thing.