View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolypoly View Post
This was inspired by Manno's post Paradigm Shift to Polyamory. This is what I thought that post was going to be about:

Whether or not people are aware of it, there is a significant paradigm shift occurring on this planet right now. I am feeling it in unusual ways. Synchronicities, parallel themes, people around me adopting a different language, etc.

I feel in my heart that we as a species are coming to a turning point in evolution. Recognizing the bond we all share, just beginning to acknowledge the tip of the mysterious iceberg we call our Universe....

And I wonder how polyamory may fit into this. Poly has been around for centuries, so perhaps not. It just seems to me that being open to loving many is congruent with being open to recognizing that we're all "ONE".

My airy-faerie rant for the morning.

roly
This is an old thread but being new here and exploring this wonderful forum I would like to comment.

For some time now I too have felt that there is a "shift" happening. Significant to me personally, the awareness that has enveloped me has brought me to where I am now. Difficult to express in most circles is the fact that this inhibited woman developed into a sexually expressive woman as my relationship to my heavenly Father developed true intimacy. Never in a million years did I feel it possible or necessary to "talk" to Him about my sexuality and my feelings concerning that aspect of my life. Who prays during sex? Sadly, not many have even thought of the idea or if they have it was considered wrong. My relationship with Him, the ability to express all of my hurts, fears and desires & recieving His immense love & thoughts about me brought me to polyamory. Mind you, I was never aware that there was such a word or way of life. I only knew about polygamy. My knowledge of polygamy was limited to the oppression and control of women of which left a bad taste in my mouth.

Outside of myself and in my circle of influence, I have observed minds becoming open, an external awareness of others and the epiphanies of our connectedness they experience. I've seen church elders finally accept exciting new ways of worship, breaking away from the dogma of tradition. I could go on forever...

It's beautiful and exciting to observe in others and experience ourselves. It gives me hope in my heart that one day we can all, justbeloving.