View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletzinnia View Post
From the Wikipedia entry on "stalking": Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group toward another person.
I disagree that noticing the posted location on someone's facebook message even remotely counts as stalking. It's not obsessive, it's not harassment, and given that they're dating and the woman was messaging her willingly, it's not unwanted attention.

Words like stalking used for dramatic emphasis might get your point across, but they detract from the ability to have an open and honest conversation. It derails the discussion into defining what is and is not stalking.

I assure you, no court has ever issued a restraining order for noticing that someone lied on facebook. Just sayin'.

hersweetleaf... I'm curious why you didn't just call her bluff at the time, rather than hang on to the upset and make it a big issue when it probably doesn't need to be. "Hm, that's weird... I know you said you're at home, but your facebook shows that you're at the Starbucks on 1st Ave..."

BTW, that location thing isn't even 100% accurate. If you turn GPS off, it sometimes remembers your last known location. More than once, I've had it pin me at places I'm not. I'm not sure I would actually trust facebook over real humans.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."