View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:57 PM

It doesn't seem to be about "willingness" here. But about "ability" to execute well and if required, ability to handle a break up without "devastation."

Actually, seeing how you express it makes me feel a bit better. It's not in my skill set as of right now. I am willing to make this work to the best of my ability, but it's a lot of unknowns right now. And you are correct. The unknown is scary.

As for not being devastated, I'm not really sure how to do that. Truly giving my heart to another person is huge for me. If that comes to an end, it's going to destroy me a bit. It always has and I'm not sure I've changed that much for it not to. When you plan a future and intertwine your lives together, that's a painful break no matter how you plan for it. At least it is for me. I'm a hopeless romantic. I view the world in broader strokes and softer camera focuses. So if this ends it will be painful and it will be awful. That's just what I signed up for when I gave her my heart. I will still be a functional adult though. Because that is also what I do. I choose complicated women. That's been the price of admission. But hey, maybe this time...

Singing in Seattle