Thread: Vicki's Journey
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Well, just when I felt like I was learning those lovely lessons about myself, I got things sorted in my head just in time to get dumped.

E broke up with me last night. He gave me the usual bullshit, but basically said that he wanted to fall in love and it wasn't happening with me, and while he enjoyed our time together very much and cares for me, he doesn't have the time and money to invest in a long distance relationship that isn't going where he had hoped.

So, yeah. Maybe I'm not cut out for this sort of thing after all. I'd love to go crawl into a little ball, but H is away on a business trip and I'm effectively a single mom for the next 8 days. Also having some extended family stress, so this was a fabulous time for a breakup.

Oh, and did I mention he was a complete dickhead about it? I mean, I know logically that he was totally clueless but he told me he'd made the decision before my birthday but didn't want to spoil it (like knowing that didn't make me feel strung along, not to mention I would have had H home for support), he spent the entire day yesterday with me and my son (first time for him to meet my son, for heaven's sake) and behaved totally normally, and even after my son went to bed for the night we hung out on the couch and watched a TV series we liked. I asked him if there was anything he wanted and he smiled and said "your feet". So he actually rubbed my feet for an hour and a half while we watched TV before he finally told me. Umm... blindsided, anyone? And then he started crying. WTF? So not okay.

Oh, and since he waited so damn long to tell me that there were no more buses back to his city last night which put me in an awful position. I just wanted him to leave so I could be by myself and cry but if I threw him out he had nowhere to go and no transportation. I let him stay in my basement and kept my son upstairs in the morning until he left. When he had the nerve to text me and thank me for the good times and tell me there was still a space in his heart for me as a friend and he hoped to hear from me soon. Yeah, I'll be jumping at that.

I'm just not cut out for dating. I'm not good at protecting my heart.