View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegianpoly View Post
Well, I just meant that it is more appropriate to be "demanding" when you have known each other a long long time and really know each other's personality and the issues between you. Better yet, to just be nice to each other and talk civilized yet honest about things, still in most cases there are once in a while neccesary to use ultimatums and vetos and I think as a wife I have a right to do that. Of course you can always decide that a new person should have such rights but then it needs to be actively negotiated (hopefully one will negotiate anyway, but I guess you might know what I mean. Putting in the years gives you something to expect).
Forgive me but....that is a weak excuse. Firstly not everyone goes in for the hierarchal 'I am the wife so I have rights to be demanding' schtick.

Secondly, people, including secondaries have the right to demand certain things, including not having their health and welfare be put at risk, not being screamed at and/or threatened over seeing something freely available etc.

Your comment about her obviously not being a wife was disparaging, no use no point in making things worse by using a piss poor excuse.