View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiLatteWriter View Post
Thanks for the reply, I'd be happy to answer your own question.

I'm fairly young and so being a virgin isn't completely surprising for someone my age, but I keep my virginity because I was raised to think of sex as a special and intimate act for someone you truly care about. At first I thought this meant marriage, and it seemed an easy way to avoid STDs and unwanted pregnancy anyhow. I'm glad I didn't get into the mess that is sex during high school-- too confusing and too much peer pressure.

Now that I'm older, I know marriage isn't required for sex to be special and full of meaning, but I still want to wait until I've been with someone several years and trust them completely before I think about engaging in sex with anyone.

That's the simple answer, though I could rant for ages on sex and virginity and how I perceive it.
I feel the same way and have been the same way, I am 23 years old now.~ Still no sex, but that's fine because to be honest if the feelings of emotional love aren't there for me then feelings of physical desire don't really happen for me or are just brief flickers of desire.~

I guess this is because of the fact that I regularly masturbate, so my libido is often satisfied as I have been doing since the age of 9.~

I also think that because of the way I am, staying a Virgin is easier for me: my every thing: heart, mind, body, and soul are not separate and are in every thing that I am and do.~

Be true to yourself,

ColorsWolf

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~