View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
OK-There are large groups of people who may feel excluded. How can we include them.

There ya go.

For the purpose of progress on a broad scale-it's USELESS to omit descriptive labels.

In ONE ON ONE conversation it's unnecessary to use descriptive labels for obvious visual features.
BUT he wasn't one on one and wasn't able to access one on one conversations.

No one would even know wtf he was talking about if he started a thread on the topic without descriptives.

Ironically-I took the question to another venue-where I KNOW there are people who identify as racial minorities in the US. Because I CAN SEE THEIR PHOTOs.
I asked them PERSONALLY about discussing the topic and used the EXACT words that kdt used-as a quote.
They responded positively that they would love to communicate with him and appreciated his interest.

HMMMMMMM

Maybe the REAL issue is that people who DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IT SHOULD JUST NOT DISCUSS IT and people who do want to-can.
I'm sorry if you missed my point, it truly saddens me when some one is so blinded by their own perspective of things that they fail to see when some one else is trying to make an honest point.~

I didn't say to omit "descriptive" words, I just meant perhaps we all would be better off if all of us actually tried to take the time and make the effort to actually get know some one instead of assuming to know things about them that we couldn't have possibly known about them.~

Yes some people have "black" skin and some people have "brown" skin, but to assume that you know exactly what their mannerisms are, their ideologies are, what they like, what they don't like, how they were raised, etc. is extremely presumptuous on your part to say the least.~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~