View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Default Days 2-3

Today I had my first doctor's appointment since July. I told my doctor what I was up against health-wise, and she set up an action plan for me, along with a series of medications she's going to give me and some healthy living plans I have to follow. We have a goal: get me to a healthy weight.

I will never be skinny. I don't want to be skinny. I would be amazed and ecstatic if I made it down to a size 14. I will have to lose about 200 lbs to get there, and I can't even imagine how great that will feel.

So, I got three needles stuck in me and a ton of blood taken. I'm going to have my glucose and insulin levels checked, my testosterone and estrogen levels, thyroid levels, vitamin D, and several other things tested. Hopefully from that workup, we'll figure out what the heck is wrong with me.

Today I passed up the temptation to go out to eat. I made a sandwich at home instead. Also, I brewed more tea, so I'll have something to drink at home.

I passed up soda at dinner last night and while I was at Alex and Jenny's last night, and had iced tea and bottled water instead.

I'm having a productive couple of days. Yesterday I paid all my bills and worked out a budget. Today I did some dishes and some cleaning. I threw open my windows and the door to my balcony and let my fresh air come in.

Tomorrow I have work. This is always a pitfall because due to my 50 min commute and the fact that my job is exhausting, I find it hard to turn down soda or fast food when I'm at work/commuting. I'll see what I can do to keep from being too bad to myself.