Thread: Help Please!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugenePoet View Post
Maybe at some point you will see something down there in your psyche, understand it, and realize that your relationship with your wife has become so strong that you can let go of whatever it was and not worry about her friendships. Because you will then know that no outside friendship can ever threaten what you and she have...and at that point she may be able to tell you everything about her friends with no sense of worry or guilt.
That's what I want more than anything! To be honest though, it's going to take a long time. I am working on a lot of things that I need to do better, but she did hide the relationship, lie to me about it, and after being confronted their conversation turned to how they could continue talking without getting caught, etc... Yes, I probably pushed her to do those things, but building that trust isn't just going to happen. It's going to take work on both our parts.

I'm just going to have let her continue to sort through her feelings keeping in mind, that just like I had a relapse, she's going to have them too.