View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl33 View Post
I also have another issue/concern and I'm not sure how to wrap my head around it. He was confronted by a couple that they both used to see. This was back in their 'swinging' days. Recently this guy wanted K to go to their place (in another province) to sleep with his wife while he was away at work. K wanted to do this. I don't feel to great about this. I guess there's a bit of insecurity there on my part, but I thought polyamory was more about meaningful relationships and not just sex. He seems to see no problem with the fact that it's 'just sex', he says 'it's not like I love her'. Is this something that is 'normal' for polyamory? Because if it is, I'm not sure I'm going to be cut out for it.
This situation has nothing to do with poly. The man likes random NSA (no strings attached - now I get it ) sex. If you have a problem with that, then you guys need to discuss your concerns and fears in that area.

Do not feel bad about asking for your one day a month. That was a perfectly reasonable request. My husband hates calendars and schedules, however our lives are so crazy, he MUST keep a calendar, even if I have to nag him to keep it updated. It's a hard transition for some people to start keeping a schedule (kinda like the transition from teenager to adult ). Don't be afraid to speak up about what you need. His response sounds like he wants to meet your needs, but just needs the freedom to figure out the details on his own. Baby steps...