View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
What happens if you drop Mark?

Will Neverwhere live happily ever after with you? Will you be devastated?
I'm thinking I would be very resentful and angry but it would eventually be repaired. Maybe. Though I have no doubt my husband would take every opportunity during any argument to remind me that I slept with his brother. This is how he is.

Quote:
What happens if you drop Neverwhere? Will Mark happily raise the kids? Will you be devastated?

What happens if Neverwhere drops you?
I would NOT ask Mark to help me raise my kids. And Neverwhere's kids. That would be the end of any hope at a coparenting relationship with Neverwhere. His ex already pulled that on him, hence why he and Mark have issues to work out. They cheated many years ago. Nevewhere and Mark worked it out, but it obviously must make Nevewhere feel inferior to his brother or something. Which is why it was so complicated when Mark and I got together. Amanda, the ex wife, was really mad about it and tried telling Neverwhere it was the same thing that she and Mark did. Neverwhere set her straight and said this was with his permission. Confusion.

I'd be devestated to lose mark or nevewhere, but more so neverwhere if I HAD to say one.

Quote:
That aside, it sounds like you want the situation where Neverwhere and Mark get along.

Well, then the only real solution is for Mark to make it a point to try to resolve his situation with Neverwhere. They are, after all, brothers. It's always in his capacity to work with Neverwhere to share; it's how brothers have to act their whole lives (until they get so tired of it that they move away, at least).
We have a family counselor I feel they should see together. Mark is willing. I don't know if Neverwhere is.

Quote:
Maybe it really is the fact that he is uncomfortable. Medication does in fact change your perceptions and personality.
He's not on meds. He tried one, didn't like the sexual side effects, and quit. He just went for craniosacral therapy today and got a few herbal remedies to try. Hoping that helps his mind to stop racing all the time.
Mark - Neverwhere's brother and my roommate