View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDoor View Post
No I don't have a job. I home school my kids. So yea I have no options but to give in and do what I'm told.
You have plenty of options. Change the schooling situation. Start a part time job. Or a full time job.

Here's another option: See this as a man who is hurting rather than viewing him as some patriarchal goon 'telling you what to do.' Most people wouldn't agree to their spouse sleeping with someone else in the first place. Most wouldn't even agree to TRY. Let alone sleep with their sibling.

You know, we're not islands. Our actions affect other people. And every time they have a reaction or an emotion, it's not about trying to 'control' someone else. Sometimes, it's an actual emotion. And frankly, I don't think there's anything abnormal about not wanting your spouse sleeping with your sibling.

Go to an average mother's forum or marriage forum or almost any other forum other than poly or open marriage and ask there if it's 'normal' to be sleeping with your husband's brother, and you'll find a very different response from what you get here.

But what it boils down to is this: it's causing a great deal of harm in YOUR marriage, regardless of what is normal. What I'm trying to tell you is, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks is normal, because they're not the ones who are going to have to face the fallout, either way. YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND AND YOUR CHILDREN are the ones who will have to live with the consequences, not any of us strangers on a forum.