View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 AM

Kevin, "Since we seem to agree that cats and dogs are genetically-malformed creatures in that they have the lifelong "mind of a child," I suggest comparing letting them out unsupervised to letting a four-year-old human child outdoors unsupervised. What, deprive that child of the chance to be fierce, wild, and free? Ummm yes as a matter of fact, that's exactly what a responsible human parent will do -- obviously."

Woah, woah, woah, we have no such agreement.~

I regard all creatures as children when they are in fact children, but when they are adults I consider them in fact adults no less capable than any other creature of living an independent life of their own in their own way.~

This capability is often squashed and squandered by the popularly accepted practice of "infantilizing" "Pets": which is the practice of retarding or "inhibiting" their mental growth.~

Any mentality "of a child" in an adult is almost always a result of horrible parenting.~

Most healthy non-Human creatures are not comparable to a Human child unable to progress farther than than their child-like state, to make this comparison is to throw blame off of the parents responsible for this non-Human creature and forsake all responsibility for their actions.~

Your examples are truly sad and I know first hand what it is like to have a dear family member die because of circumstances out of your control like my brother Parrot Fred and because of circumstances I think I could have controlled like my Brother Cheeto but I didn't think of it that way at the time, because it was a vision I had in my dreams and I didn't understand its' meaning until it was too late.~

But this happens to every one, Human or not, we do the best we think we know how to do with our children and those we love and we release them to go out into the world on their own to live it free: they don't always come back, they may take different paths then we hoped for them, and they may, as we all will, die, all we can do after they are on their own is to try be there for them when we can to offer them guidance, warmth, any object they might need, and our love.~

I have no answer to your abstract questions.~

I don't believe the world owes any one any thing.~

Even if you are the best person you think you are or others think you are, that doesn't mean things you find horrible will never happen to you regardless of what creature you are.~

We live our lives knowing all the horrible things in life we don't like could happen to us at any time, but the fact that we have the freedom to live our lives how we choose to helps us understand what "life" is.~

I don't think you understand what it means to be "wild" or "independent".~

Without "danger", there is no "safety", without "sadness", there is no "joy", you can not truly appreciate "life" if no one ever "died", you can not truly appreciate "freedom" if you have never been "coddled", and you can not truly appreciate being "cared for" if you have never been "free".~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 11-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.