View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 12:00 AM

I think about it..
It becomes.. a dream..

Then I realize how absolutely bored I would be.

I had the pleasure of having a cottage, in the 80s and 90s that was so far off the beaten path that we didn't have access to a phone for miles, no tv, no toilet.. nice and remote, even on its own lake. I felt so badly disconnected even at that early stage of the internet (pre html) that I could never really go back. 3 days in and I was dying to leave.. 1 week and I was ready to run back to the city.. 2 weeks in and I felt comatose...

I enjoy being connected, thrive on a high octane career, love being in touch withanyone at the touch of my many devices.

Then again maybe I am lucky, I don't have debt, I don't have those stressors. I am cash flow heavy, investment strong and own everything outright, except the house.

That said, I have my own garden, I live near enough the mountains that I can escape at will and spend my time grounding myself when needed, I enjoy both that immediate escape and the return to civilization. I can't live without either.. but I couldn't exclusively do one. I suppose I am lucky that I live in a place like Vancouver where I have that privilege.

I get to travel for work, so that bug gets fullfilled. I am minimalist in the way that I am not attached to objects. I can cut and run without regret, or debt, to individual objects. I enjoy that strength.

Last edited by Ariakas; 11-16-2013 at 12:02 AM.