Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
I read Jayde's comments at some length last night. I think her parents' are not setting out to embarrass her, but merely do not care how their actions affect her. They have an agenda. They have decided the world must accept their lifestyle, and therefore merely dismiss how all of this is affecting their own daughter. They simply want what they want and brush aside anything that suggests they're hurting others along the way.
Mmhm. Terrible. I am sorry, but some people should not be allowed to procreate.

If she is old enough, I would tell her to find a job and pay for her own counselling. Our therapist works on a sliding scale, so given the circumstances, maybe her therapist or counsellor would be willing to work with her. I am not sure where she lives, but our laws have been amended so treatment is easily accessible. With all the suicides in the world, they want to protect our children and allow them access to mental health treatment. It is smart because it just might save a child's life. It reinforces that they are not alone and that someone cares. This came about because some parents were not signing off on their children getting the help they needed. I cannot fathom stopping either of my children from finding a confidante and seeking help. If a child is deemed as competent and mature enough to consent to a confidential patient-counsellor/therapist relationship, they can seek treatment without consent from the parents or guardians. The law protects a minor's right to privacy, so the context of those sessions are protected.

My Blog