View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Shipwrecked, I am sorry you are lonely. In my personal experience, as a woman who split from her (30 year) mono marriage at age 54, and started dating soon after (using ok cupid) I found myself to be much in demand, which came as a big shock!

I was rather swarmed by men of all ages. I am bi though and ended up falling in love 3 months after my marriage broke up, with a woman who I am still partnered with almost 5 years later. I dated maybe 30 guys in 2009-2012, they kind of came in waves. It took a while, but I found a guy who hit most of my buttons in early 2012. He is married, 61, has always been poly. He had 3 gfs in the 5-7 years before we met, all in their 30s. This year he's been on dates with a couple poly women he met on okc, one in her 30s, the other in her 50s.

I am now 58 and I applaud you for even going to Burning Man. I am getting a bit old for extremely hot summertime music fests myself. I really can't imagine approaching random strangers at a fest like that to, as the kids say, hook up. For friends, sure. But not with sex on my mind. I rarely fuck on a first date anyway. That seems like odd advice, to collect rejections.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37